Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Totally Tim - The World as I know it

Greetings blog readers. Welcome to yet another entry that the Timothean Titan known to many as Tim has managed to squeeze out in between his daily, hourly, minute-ly(?) moping sessions.

Life hasn’t been too good as of late and while I’m not so certain I’d like to swap places with anyone else who thinks they’ve got it worse, I think we’re all entitled to our own quota of moping and venting.

Wanna know a secret? Yeah? Do you really? Well come up real close to the screen and I’ll tell you.


Keep Scrolling

|

|

|



Keep Scrolling

|

|

|




Life’s a bitch and anyone who says any different is either high or trying to sell you something.

Ok well maybe that’s not such a secret. And it really isn’t a new discovery to the Tragic one either. I’ve been suffering through a lot of emotional and cognitive dissonance as of late. Anyone who’s taken social psychology or any other psychology subject should understand. If you didn’t, then go look it up!

Basically I’ve just had a lot of internal conflict in the past couple of weeks and I haven’t actually figured out how to deal with it. It’s funny when people ask me about it and I tell them. The next thing they do is ask if I’m coping with it.

Well I dunno about coping. I don’t even know if I’m managing it. Most of the time I believe it’s my troubles that manage me instead of the other way around. So I guess if “coping” means just waiting it out until I feel better, then yeah I guess I am coping. After all as I mentioned earlier, these aren't new and unfamiliar issues I’m going through.

I mean I’ve felt it before and I know at some point I got better so I guess if history shows us anything, I'll get better again. Still I guess the sucky part is that sometimes no matter how many times you go through something, you never quite get used to it. It still bugs you just as much and what’s even suckier is knowing that you’ll probably have to go through it again.

Somebody told me the other day that you only have a certain amount of love in you and every time you go out with someone you give a little of it out and eventually you have no more left to give. As much as I think that’s a brilliant piece of depressive fodder to chew on in masochistic moments, I had to disagree.

I think the amount of love we have in us, is unlimited. As is the amount of pain we go through. It may sound silly but I think as long as you can experience hurt, you can offer love. Because if you think about it, if we couldn’t love, then we wouldn’t really be able to get hurt then would we?

It’s like this Felicity episode I once watched. Oh my God I’m admitting that I actually watched it. Well I didn’t follow it, but I caught a couple of episodes. Man that chick annoys me. Anyway I digress.

In this episode a bunch of the characters managed to get their hearts removed because they were so tired of getting hurt. Of course it worked to some extent as they seemed to be less troubled. However Felicity found out (she was the only one with her heart) that this also means they couldn’t express love or feel it.

Personally, seeing as I haven’t been experiencing much love as of late, maybe I don’t really need a heart after all. After all I could definitely do without the pain and frustration.

Fortunately I’ve rediscovered the Goo Goo Dolls as of late and I found comfort in the wallowing tunes and lyrics of Iris and Name.

I love this line from “Name”. I think it shall adopt it as what I like to call….

TIM’S-LINE-OF-THE-WEEK-UNTIL-HE-COME’S-UP-WITH-A-BETTER-ONE

“Scars are souvenirs you never lose”

How true is that?

I’ve been told that I don’t listen or that I don’t remember…..

Then I guess I’m fortunate to have these souvenirs to remind me.

~Totally Tim – Looking for someone to take over the lease to his heart.

I'm sorry my time wasn't important enough for you to value.
I'm sorry your commitments to me weren't important enough to honour.
I'm sorry appointments with me weren't important enough for you to keep.
I'm sorry I wasn't important enough to you.

2 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home