Monday, August 29, 2005

Totally Tim - crediting a few in my functioning dysfunctional family

Wassup yall! Surprise surprise , another quick entry from the Terrific Timothean. Just got home from a b-day celebration that turned out pretty swell. First up before I continue, a big shout out to my darling cousin Diane who turns 28 this Tuesday. Yikes 2 years to the big 3-0. That’s some pretty scary shit. I’ve got to remember to hang on tightly two these next 3 months before I hit 28 too. But hey! What could life possibly hit me with when I’m 30 that it hasn’t already after 28 long years of existence. Maybe I shouldn’t ask that question just yet.

Anyway yes, Diane turns 28 and is a lovely reminder that has a much of a dysfunctional family I come from, there’s still a few bright sparks this generation of my gene pool has to offer. A lot of people are always surpised when they find out how close I am to a few of my cousins and how we hang out in the same group and all. It doesn’t happen for many others and I guess it helps that most of my generation are around the same age so we do have loads in common. A tight age difference doesn’t always mean a close relationship with your relatives though. I’ve met many a prick the same age as me. Sometimes you’re lucky to have cousins you like. Sometimes you’re even luckier to have them as friends.

So we did our usual group ritual of celebrating our birthdays at Ban Leong seafood restaurant, although it’s more like a coffee shop. Yeah we had tons of food including chilli and pepper crab which I’ve got to admit, didn’t taste all that good. The sauce was all like watery and stuff. Eww! Try soaking up that with your “man to”. Not a pleasant experience I assure you. Dunno why they bothered with the buns. Should have just given us straws.

Anyway after a hearty chocolate ice-cream cake we decided to continue the evening at some place near Alexandra road. This place had a Balinese theme which looked pretty rad. Although after closer inspection, a Balinese theme is pretty easy to re-create. You just need to take a house and remove parts of the roof and walls. Still need to have the door frames though. Plant some trees and grow some grass, flood a few parts to make ponds, add frogs and voila! In fact you feel like you’re actually in a house in a war torn country or a place that’s been hit by a tornado. There’s no electricity either since every table's using candles. Tada! Now it’s an ethnic Balinese establishment. Some massive bullfrogs were also freaking out a few of the ladies by just croaking.

I’ll never understand how women can pour burning hot wax on their inner thigh, rip it off along with a tuft of hair, and still be afraid of a bullfrog croaking. Same goes with spiders, roaches and lizards. Then again there are a lot of things about women I’ll never understand.

So after numerous glasses of wine we decided to call it a night and drive home. It dawned upon me after I got home that considering there was so much wine drunk, there were an awful lot of drivers getting behind the wheel tonight. Bad! Bad! Bad! No drinking and driving! Yeah. That’s my little public service announcement for the night hahah!

Time go beddy bye now. Later peeps!

Totally Tim – Sometimes Boring. Always Adoring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home