Sunday, March 06, 2005

Simply Sympathetic and Totally Timpathetic

So it’s a Saturday night. And the Tragic one is sitting at home at 10 pm with a bottle of chardonnay, a couple of candles and Amanda Marshall on his stereo. Oh my god, I feel like I’m dating…..myself. Either that or I’ve become a lesbian.

Ever been involved in a triangle? After the entire affair, how often is it you’ve felt sorry for the boyfriend (I'm assuming ur a straight guy like me)? Doesn’t happen often and when it does, boy do u put your history with the girl in perspective real quick.

If you’ve ever had a contest between yourself and someone else competing for the same person, DUDE you’d be surprised how close you get REAL quick with the guy/girl after the entire encounter. Alliances are established in the oddest circumstance. The main reason? Common ground.

Here’s a Timothean theory. Go head to head with someone for the affections of an individual. Whoever wins .. is actually the loser. The person who didn’t score in the contest, either lucked out, or learnt a lesson which you took an entire relationship to discover. Cos at the end of the day, when you’ve broken up with the prize, neither of you are winners. The one who did go out with her in the end, just has a lot more baggage.

I’ve actually had an experience in the past where I was dating this chick in school. After we broke up she went out with another guy. After that guy she went out with another guy. The 3 guys she went out with are all pretty close now and haven’t spoken to her in years. Not that we’d want to either.

Here’s another example. Remember how the Typical Timster suffered massive trauma recently? Oh bout 5 months back. Look back at the entries on the blog. Yeah. Same chick. New twist in the plot.

A while back I bumped into an ex at a club. Was a great feeling which brought up other great feelings till I found out that night that her boyfriend was there and needless to say, wasn’t too pleased a the sight of his girl getting all chummy with her former flame. So that didn’t turn out too well for any of the parties involved. I found out yesterday that she was also fooling around with another friend’s brother who also happened to be at the venue.

So after weeks of feeling sorry for myself and beating myself up over how things didn’t work out with this chick, I realized that the person I really should feel sorry for, is her boyfriend. Check this out. This guy who she hooked up with in Australia decides to leave his home and life to come down to Singapore to start anew just to be with her. She then proceeds to flirt and get involved with other people behind his back. All this while he moves in with her. How crap is that?

So I also heard that they’ve just broken up. I guess it would be all well and good if he could just pack up and head home. Except now he’s stuck with a job and is gonna have to stick around in a place that he only came to, for a girl who’s not even going out with him anymore.

Dude that really sucks! I feel for you and would love to buy you a beer sometime.

I spent a long time killing myself about how I should have attempted a long distance thing with this femme fatale years ago when she was leaving for Brisbane. Today I look at the type of person she’s become and I think it truly is a blessing that I didn’t. If the events of the past few months are anything to go by, I would probably, in fact DEFINITELY, have been that shmuck boyfriend all faithful and shit, pining for this girl while she was out and about, establishing herself as a right down floozy.

Sometimes you think you get stuck with a real crap hand in life. Most of the time it really is. Then you see how things really could have gotten much worse. You stare at your plate in front of you, disgusted at how, off all the things on the menu, you went and ordered this garbage. Then you look around and realize, “Hey my meal really sucks, but boy am I glad I didn’t get what THAT guy ordered!”

The Smashing Pumpkins start their song Bullet With Butterfly Wings with the line "The world is a vampire"

How true. Because we all know that it does suck from time to time.

~Totally Tim - Feeling pretty lucky.

4 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Blogger April said...

And I thought my blog was angst-filled. Heh... Compared to yours, I'm a freaking Teletubby. :P (God... Nooooooooooo...)

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Timmy Tim Tim said...

Like that considered angst filled meh? Where got? Anyway i dont know anything bout teletubbies...but which one would u like to be? Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Lala or Po?

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger April said...

You know their names. Hahaha... I don't even remember that much! (That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :P Heh...)

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! My superior sleuthing has dug up your slice of virtual real estate! And it was so easy... took all of 3 seconds... bwahahahahahaha... ok, childish, you weren't hiding, but hey, humour me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home