Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Totally Tim - Tipping his Hat Today

Okay. It’s funny how something bad can trigger off such sudden blogging regularity. Well it’s true what they say. Blogging is therapeutic and I’ve never denied that I’m doing all this for personal gratification than for the amusement of you readers. Not that you don’t matter. Of course not! It’s just that I matter more.

I wanna say a big thank you to Denise aka Smelly for giving the Tragic One’s online journal a face lift. It’s slightly prettier and I am rather pleased with it although she did forget to leave in the counter which I had placed in the original template giving me some idea of how often people actually visited my tiny piece of the cyber world. I’ve considered adding in a new one from scratch should we be unable to recover and resume the original counter which I believe indicated close to 2 thousand hits since this blog’s inception 1 year and 3 months ago. That’s not too bad considering most of the months that went by didn’t include any entries at all thanks to my highly disciplined blogging ethic. However I think, we might just forgo the whole counter thing completely. I should be motivated to record my life’s events by me alone and not by the number of people who are interested in reading my drabble. But once again, I thank you if you do.

Despite the sometimes comedic and often sarcastic satire I tend to use when recounting the events of my life, many of you can probably guess that deep within, they truly affect me on an emotional level. I may like to bitch about a lot of things but I never like being genuinely angry or staying mad at anything or anyone. Idealistic? Yes I am. Emotional? Always.

I am grateful for the people around me who have shown a genuine interest in my life and offered their support unconditionally through everything I encounter or embark on through this often tragic Timothean trail. So I’m gonna do something unusual for a change and actually highlight these friends by name, who’ve been nothing less than great during my most recent tumultuous tale.

Drew : My homeboy. Thanks for being there always and I am forever grateful for being blessed with your friendship and brotherly love. I don’t expect this recent turn of events to be the easiest to handle seeing that she was your cousin and you might at times have felt your loyalty being torn between friendship and family. Thank you for being understanding and being mature enough to talk and offer comfort despite the circumstances. Thank you for also being cool with the idea of us dating to begin with and while it may not have turned out the way any of us had hoped, the fact that you were happy for us for a time, truly means the world to me.

Natasha: Miss Singapore Runner Up! Beautiful in every sense of the word. Cheena eyes or not, I’m also grateful for your love as both a union partner and a friend. The nights we spent shooting the breeze and sharing our problems cannot be described in simple words alone. Whenever I needed a shoulder (I’m not gonna say to cry on .. cos I’m too manly) you offered me both of yours. Thank you for your always encouraging hugs, sms’ and kind words that always put a smile on my face just when I required one. If I can find someone half as sweet as you, I probably wouldn’t deserve her anyway.

Geetha: I guess birds of a feather do flock together. While you’re relatively new to the life of Tim, you, like Natasha never fail to cheer me up with your hilarious comments, observations and antics. Thanks for letting me share. Thanks for listening. Thanks for thinking I’m mature ... at least for now.

Denise: Hey smelly. You’re always a hoot. Despite the highly suspect ways in which you offer comfort and affirmation, thank you for always making me ask myself for the answers instead of offering them to me. God knows you’re important to me and I hope you know that too.

Jac: You may never ever read this. But I’ll give a shout out to you too. Things turned topsy turvy real quick, but the good times we did share will always be memorable. While this whole affair came and went in a blink of an eye, I think I’ve grown a little bit from it. Thank you.

Honorouble mention also going out to Viv and Belinda. Your support and friendship will always be treasured.

There we go. Dedication show’s over for now. See you at the next programme.

~Totally Tim – No longer mad. No longer sad. But pretty glad…for some very cool peeps.

8 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwww..... sho shweet!!!!!!!! i wuv you too timmy tim tim. TEAM TIM FOREVER! muacks muacks!

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Team Tim? lousy! Why wd u want ur team to be named after Tim? But yes, very very sweeet bruthhar!
*hugz kisses and curry

 
At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do the monkey!!! you don't have a tagboard so i can't send random messages but who cares. so...

DO THE MONKEY!

 
At 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I see how it is!

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger Timmy Tim Tim said...

how what is?

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean, I know I don't live there anymore but c'mon... !

Kidding. I'm sure those people you mentioned are far better friends than I, proximity notwithstanding.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Timmy Tim Tim said...

Aw don't be like that Tabbs. This lil thing was in regards to a particular situation lar. Otherwise sure I'd have writtten you the longest eva! :)

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw sweetie I was only KIDDING. Maybe. Heh.

No no I can only WISH I lived there to share life's happenings with you.

Alas, I chose to defect and live in the US...

Whatever the case, I'm just glad you're back to blogging!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home