Friday, August 12, 2005

Reaching out for your fellow man shouldn't result in fireworks

Yo! So its time for another entry. Actually it’s been time for another entry for the past 4 months. No excuses this time. I was just plain lazy. But heck you already know that.

First up - A big shout out and pat on the back to my numerous homies and homettes (yes I realize that term sounds a lil bizarre – kinda like a small house) who have lost their special someone’s this year. I’m talking animals. 2005 has not been a good year for us pet owners with so many of our beloved ones taking the one way trip to that grass patch in the sky. Personally I haven’t begun to even consider ever getting another dog again. But hey, that’s just me. I’m sentimental and silly. Other peeps have told me maybe you should quickly get another animal before you’re turned off completely to getting a pet because of this whole death thing. Yeah except this whole death thing will happen to all animals and all of us  No Duh! Yeah, but hey. Whatever works for you yeah?

Next topic. Woohoo! National Day came and went in a flash. The “Oh-Seet-Teo-Riard” crew (nevermind who they are. They mind themselves enough on their own) decided to organise a picnic of sorts to check out the fireworks this year from a vantage point which had what I’d describe as it’s Highs, Lows, and Blows. From where we were, the trees were too High. We were too Low. And not being able to see the fireworks really Blows!

Nonetheless, I feel we did out our very patriotic thing (voluntary or involuntary) and sang heaps of national day songs in the car that yours truly spent 2 days downloading off the internet. Hmmmm….National Pride Piracy – makes me feel guilty AND kinda excited.
Anyhoo, yes I have too much time on my hands, but having yodeled along to 15 years of national day theme songs, from Chan Mali Chan, Home, Stand up for Singapore to Muneru Valiba, I’ve learnt 2 things. Number 1, I am a very proud Singaporean when it comes to music and 2, it is possible for people to actually cup their ears for hours on end when they really hate your choice of music.

What I was most proud about though, was my little national day goody bags that I prepared that afternoon. Trying to provide as genuine an experience as possible to what those parade attendees at the padang (who obviously have too much time and can afford to stay overnight at ndp ticket collection centers – at least that’s how it was a couple years ago. The procedures might have since changed) were going through on the 9th of August. Ok so I didn’t have any fancy back packs with the NDP logo stuck on them with coloured flash lights and plastic boppers that you clap along to “Singapore Town”. But I did have zip loc bags stuffed with mammee, chocolates, breath mints, tissue, NEW WATER, party stuff, Chinese candy, 1 packet drink and all the similar crap you would find in a typical national bag. Not to mention a plastic Singapore flag and some government propaganda like brochures and stuff lying around at home – yeah you know you’ve seen those in anything ‘free’ given out by the PAP. Yes all in all in was fun. I’m looking forward to next years NDP. Not the parade though, the bonding between friends. AND definitely not that Taufik song either.

By the way it’s been brought to my attention that “Stand Up for Singapore” has homosexual connotations. While I disagree completely, I have to ask the relevance of the line “Reach out for your fellow man. You’ve got to make it stand” (or was it make a stand, nonetheless what exactly are they trying to insinuate here hmmm?) It’s ok dude. You just stand there. No need to be doin no reaching over here.

Hokay final topic for this entry. I FINALLY FRIGGIN PASSED MY FRIGGIN DRIVERS TEST! WOOHOOO! That’s right. I now have my very own drivers license, albeit with an ugly picture but hey! Take that all you people who can’t drive! Losers! What’s taking you so long? I can drive and you can’t! Nehnehneebooboo! Ok. So it took me 3 tries to pass. And yes I was 27 when I passed but c’mon! At least let me return some of the fun that’s been poked at me through the years. I’m also pleased to announce that on my final test, I passed with a perfect score! Woohoo! So look out! Tim O’s driving to a street near you! ‘Cept if you live in somewhere like Tuas or Chua Chu Kang or Lim Chu Kang or Phua Chu Kang or anything with a Chu Kang in it. I live nearby Yio Chu Kang and I still get lost once in a while. Me needs to gets one of them GPS thingamabobs!

And that wraps up another boring entry from the Titanical, tyranical and Theme-song-lyrical Timothean known as erm…Tim.

I’ll catch you soon….if not later. Well I know for a fact that it’s one of them. It’s definitely either sooner or later. 50/50 chance. Those aren’t really bad odds if you think about it now are they?

Tata!

~Totally Tim – Neurotic, Narcassistic but O-SO NATIONALISTIC


“Di mana dia anak kambing saya? Anak kambing saya yang makan daun talas”
-Chan Mali Chan (National Day Theme Song)
P.S – What does a baby goat have to do with Singapore and why are they looking for it?

4 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrat on the driving test... look ppl stay off the streets... coming to a neighbourhood near u (jaws soundtrack plays in background) muahahahahahaaaa..j/k man... Cheers! C

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Timmy Tim Tim said...

Hehe yep! I've quickly learnt to hate taxi drivers and motorcyclists. I guess I'm on my way to becoming a real driver. Now all i need is to start horning more and cursing in hokkien!
Btw which Cheryl is this?

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

QUEEN NATASHA:

UP YOUR ANUS!!!! ok enough abt that. u da best. and u never credit me for showing you how perverted that song is ok. we're a union man. we gotta credit each other. now where's my dedication??? *chants ow og fys* over and over. heheheh.

love ya!

 
At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeeerrrr its the Cheryl thats half way rd the world, dang child u cannot even keep your friends straight and u have a license to drive, ppl be afraid be very afraid. Horning? LMFAO... you mean honking the horn... horning...lmao

DOODE... have fun driving

 

Post a Comment

<< Home