Friday, September 09, 2005

Totally Tim – From Tree Hugger to Tree Lover

Holy crap! The Timothean Titan really enjoys watching Rockstar INXS because it’s great to see a bunch of talented nobodies do a magnificent job with their renditions of some classic songs. Of course it’s funny to laugh at some of them when they don’t pull it off but hey! Even I will admit it takes a large set of grapefruits to just hit the stage and wow the crowd and an international audience on T.V for that matter. Doing a whole bunch of covers with their own personal touch showcases a lot of originality and improvisation and I really respect that and enjoy the resulting songs on a weekly basis. But this week …MAN what a show! The rocker wannabies proved they could not only pull off some of the best songs in rock music history but they even performed their own originals as well and did an amazing job.

But the one that stands out the most was Marty Casey’s original entitled ‘Trees’. I haven’t come across a track that I’ve gotten so obsessed with in such a long time. Not only is it catchy but I suppose the message really hits home to the Tragic One. I’ll let Marty himself explain what the song’s about. This is an excerpt taken off his Rockstar INXS personal space on MSN.

Speaking of the latest show this week, the real estate appraiser (can you believe?!!) says

“We also get to do an original, and I choose my song called "Trees." I wrote the song in New York City after a stressful relationship took a turn for the worse. It was a direct plea for a second chance to renew our love.”

Woah! Yes yours truly has felt that way many an occasion and while I may never have admitted it, deep inside I’ve always screamed out that plea no matter how bad things have gotten and how much my brain logically told me it was best to let go. What can I say? My brain and heart have never seen eye to eye. Fortunately I’ve got legs which quickly walk me away and let my heart deal with the regrets later.

Anyway, enough about me. Back to this awesome song. If there’s anyway for you to get hold of it, do it! Although at this moment downloading it would probably be your best option. And because I love the song so much, Too-Much-Time-Timmy has actually transcribed the lyrics for all to see and sing along. Yes I’ve been listening to it a lot. You’ll have to excuse me if some of the words may not be completely correct, especially the part about the “census” bit. (credit to Viv who has just informed me it's actually "give us the answer") I can’t for the life of me hear what he’s actually singing and this is the closest I could make out.

Without further adieu and for your karaoke-ing pleasure, Totally “Tree-top” Tim presents the lyrics to Marty Casey’s “Trees”.

----------------
I don’t want to go through this life
Without you by my side
And I’ve got it all worked out
In my head
Is how it’s got to be
It’ll be you and me up in the trees
And the forest will give us the answer

We we’ll make believe
In a world we rule together
We can build our dreams
We’re the not die type to last forever

It’ll be you and me up in the trees
And the forest will give us the answer
It’ll be you and I up in the sky
It’s a combination for disaster

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!

We got one shot
So where do we go from here

It’ll be you and me up in the trees
And the forest will give us the answer
It’ll be you and I up in the sky
It’s a combination for disaster

And I know
There’s more for us in this life!

------------------

And there we go. Hope you enjoyed singing to it as I have. In fact, chances are by the time you read this, I’ll probably still be singing it :P

~Totally Tim –Tripping out to Terrific Tree Tunes

2 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Timmy Tim Tim said...

Man that was quick! I just posted it and I got a comment! Woo hoo! Thanks for stopping by! *grin*

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger April said...

I am damn upset that Mig didn't win!!! Man that dude's ass, errrm, I mean, voice was out of this world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home