Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Tonight I Celebrate My Love.....& Underwear

Well its day three back in Singapore….or is it four? Ah well like my mom said to me once, “If you spent less time trying to chase girls in school and more time on your homework, your math would be much better!” The operative word in that sentence is “trying”.

A Casanova Tim is not.

Hung out with my best mate yesterday who was kind enough to pay me a visit at home. I suppose it was my charming presence which she’s missed oh so much in the last 6 months I’ve been away. Then again it quite possibly could be the fact that she wanted to get her hands on the presents I brought back for her.

On top of that I had to give her cabfare home!

Miss Ng finally arrived after the workday at her yuppie magazine writing job came to a close.

“Welcome home Tim. Missed you so. You look well. How are you?”

Unfortunately such affectionate and endearing expressions only remain in my imagination.

Instead, upon first sight, I was greeted by the lovely words “Eee what’s with your hair?”

Quickly followed by “Where’s my underwear?”

I never thought the day would come where I would hear those words pass her lips. After all…we’re friends. And that’s a phrase I’m used to hearing from someone who I’m…..y’know!

*Shudder*

Yes you know you truly are the best of buds when you go to the ladies section of a department store and go hunting for hipsters, thongs, boycut shorts, etc. for a chick whom you aren’t actually gonna see wearing.

Sheesh, I’ve never even gone underwear shopping with any of the girls I’ve dated.

I also got her a pink thong because I remember her saying something along the lines of “Hmm it’s interesting to wear underwear and still feel the denim from my jeans on my cheeks.”

HAHAHAHAHAH! Better the denim from your jeans than the denim from mine!

Told you I had good taste.

Anyhoo, we spent the rest of her visit watching Austin Powers and listening to CDs. One thing I’ve always been grateful for in our friendship is that we share the same taste in music, regardless of how silly it is. Check this out, soppy cheesy tunes that would make even Class 95’s Captain of Your Heart cringe. I think the real low point came when we started belting out the lyrics to ‘Tonight I Celebrate’.

Sad - yes. Fun – Absolutely.

Well I guess that’s what friends do. Buy each other underwear, and do stupid things together that we would never dream of doing in front of anybody else.

In a nutshell, a true friend is someone you can be completely uncool around. As if we weren’t already uncool enough!

We also took numerous photos with her new camera phone (which between you and me I’m surprised she even know how to operate – Techno wizz I’ve never quite seen her as).


I’m quite pleased with these 2 photos. The other 50 pictures we took were ugly. You see we have this phenomenon. We hardly ever both look good in the same pic. If I turn out ok, she doesn’t and vice versa. (Although most of the time I’m the one looking fine Haha! Sucker punch Cow Kin!)

Alrighty then. That covers the events of the day worth blogging about. I’m off to return to PS2 land where I continue to play with muscular men in underwear.

Ok that didn’t quite come out right. I mean I’m playing a wrestling game. Y’know? Dudes twisting and turning each other in numerous holds? Ok that doesn’t sound quite right either. Ah forget it!

~ Totally Tim – Typically Twisting Those Tricky Thoughts

1 Comments:

At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh* it's people like you and Sue Anne and Jamie that make me miss home.

Otherwise... I'm not exactly sad that I'm not there.

Next time I'm home we're hanging out dammit.

Tabbs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home